Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Karma

Theosophy.
Karma 
The cosmic principle according to which each person is rewarded or punished...according to that person's deeds. 

Wednesday, LT

I had to pop into a shop for five minutes, but I was in too much of a hurry to risk getting a parking ticket that I might have to argue about. Minimum payment unit = one hour.

When I came outside I was glad to see someone about to buy a ticket; I told him he could have my remaining 55 minutes, and he was very happy to get them. Helping stangers always feels good.

Then I forgot to register online for my flight in time, four hours ahead. Why does it have to be four hours ahead? Bah!

That slip-up costs 70 lits, that's what the woman from Wizz Air told me on the phone. So when I got to the ticket counter at the airport I had to turn on the old charm. First a joke, then a reasonable request (discount for a pedagogue), show my business card (another joke if you've ever seen my business card). And BAM--"have a nice flight!"

Homework
Do you believe in karma? If so write about an experience you had that made you believe. If not, write a comment about why not.

2 comments:

  1. All my life I didn't believe in karma and in another same things. But last year I became interested in the spiritual life of people. I started attending some seminars about it and there I found many answers to my quastions about life. How make my life happy and full of gladness.
    Also I understood what is karma. It's some things that we made in our previous life and now we should work out it and then our life become better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad to hear it. And I hope learning English makes it easier to learn even more on the subject.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete